New technologies fueling the industry
Since modern manufacturing plants are under constant pressure to be efficient and productive, they regularly invest in new technologies to modernize, automate, and optimize their business processes. That is the basis of staying competitive and a guarantee of business success, but it requires the support of the right IT partner.
Our client, one of the leading Polish ceramic tile manufacturers, understood this perfectly. They approached us because they needed comprehensive IT support. The cooperation aimed to create an internal integration platform, make changes to the company’s electronic document flow process, as well as synchronize and streamline the management of all data processed within the company.
Integrations, electronic workflow, and efficient data management
As part of the collaboration, we performed several works for the client, such as:
- moving the existing integration processes to the new BizTalk Server 2009 platform,
- starting integration between Oracle Siebel CRM and other systems used in the company,
- transferring the workflow of sales invoices and enabling data exchange with modules of the IFS system used by the client,
- full data synchronization between all company IT systems (especially IFS and MES) and streamlining their management,
- activating another SAFE (Electronic Invoice Archiving System) application in the data exchange system that uses Microsoft SharePoint Server.
The work was carried out using such technologies as BizTalk Server 2009, SQL Server 2008, a custom Oracle DB adapter, and a custom WCF CRM adapter. As part of the cooperation, we also guaranteed the client service support, provided in 5/8 mode, as well as development works.
As a result, we integrated 4 systems, created 11 interfaces, performed 50 orchestrations, and prepared 51 diagrams.
Successful digitization of production
The manufacturing sector struggles every day with large amounts of data from various sources. Not surprisingly, one of its primary goals is to constantly seek to minimize the time it takes to access information and improve its quality. Significant is also the impact of the Industry 4.0 concept. That requires all IT components to be integrated, interconnected, and centrally managed. These challenges make the digitalization of production almost inevitable nowadays, and IT technologies are no longer an advantage but a requirement for being competitive.