Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has been an indispensable element of any business for over two decades. From year to year, it is gaining more and more importance, becoming the responsibility of enterprises and part of their strategic activities.
One of the elements of Euvic’s CSR policy is Environmental responsibility. Being aware of the importance of respecting the natural environment and its hudge impact on our as well as future generation lives and health, in recent years we have engaged in number of environmental initiatives.
Our headquarter in Warsaw, located in Eurocentrum Office Complex is one of the 20 facilities in Poland with the LEED environmental certificate at the PLATINUM level. It uses modern, energy-saving solutions enabling:
- 100% rainwater utilisation,
- 59% savings on drinking water consumption,
- 25% savings on electricity consumption for general building systems,
- reduction of the urban heat island effect due to the incorporation of high reflectance roof membrane.
Moreover, there is an apiary on the rooftop of the Eurocentrum.
Our office in Gliwice is a modern R&D centre with a total area of over 4000 sqm using renewable energy sources (photovoltaic systems) and equipped with electric car chargers (end of investment is planned this year).
Joint with Polish telecom we also build “Euvic Data Center” – fully sustainable data centre powered only by “green power” and cooled only by rainwater (project planned for 2020 – 2021).
Reduction of exhaust emissions
We reduce our carbon footprint by introducing changes to the rules for using company cars. We have introduced a policy regarding the car fleet and business trips.
- Local journeys – policy to use of electric cars or public transport if possible.
- One-person intercity trips by railway.
- New cars purchasing limited to EU6 only.
- During the summer season we promote the use of bicycles.
Support for initiatives and projects supporting environmental responsibility
Companies belonging to our group support the organization of events promoting eco-innovation and the involvement of modern technologies in environmental protection.
In the last quarter of last year, we co-created the hackathon: “Science Challenge Day – Let’s solve plastic. For good. ” His goal was to support a global campaign against the destructive impact of plastics on our ecosystem. This one-day innovation marathon was a chance for scientists, eco-startups, students, teams and environmentalists to present their own ideas, test their business potential and even develop their own business.
Developing innovative technologies / investing into startups
We are committed to develop and support innovative technology solutions that can enable us to reduce the negative environmental impact. One of our startups (AIQA) developed AI engine to reduce automated testing effort even to 20%. This has significant impact on power computing energy consumption.
Most important goals
Observing global climate changes and the ever-increasing role of the business environment in it, Euvic Group has decided to step forward concerning its environmental responsibility. Our most important goals for the coming years are:
- Understand environmental impact and identify reduction opportunities vs the base year 2020
- Reduce consumption of purchased electricity and heat and strive for clean energy
- Effectively manage emissions of office premises, purchased equipment and materials, business travels, and employee commuting
- Reduce waste generation and increase recycling rates
- Keep in mind the environmental impact of the solutions being designed and invested in
Corporate social responsibility is a commitment to the environment and society. We feel fully responsible for the quality of our business and its impact on the ecosystem. An effective policy in this respect will allow us to keep this commitment. We encourage all our employees, clients, and business partners to join forces and fight together for a better future.