More efficient systems and better productivity
Migration projects, especially those involving large and important IT systems, are often challenging and accompanied by risks that cannot be predicted. That is why one of our customers (a partner and provider of supply chain management systems tailored to the needs of the healthcare sector) approached us.
This company was using a complex hospital supply system written in the outdated Visual FoxPro technology, which over time started to cause performance, scalability, and security problems with data storage and transport.
Since the hospital environment is very complex and specialized, with high standards for data security and performance, frequent changes in requirements, or the need to adapt data and interfaces to local procedures, modernization was necessary. Redesigning and rewriting this software into the latest vendor-supported technology proved crucial for the client to remain competitive and ensure the efficiency of their everyday work.
Comprehensive support in migration processes
At the beginning of our cooperation, we conducted a detailed analysis that allowed us to understand the specific needs of the healthcare environment. Then we had to rewrite the solution in the latest technologies and architecture, extend the existing functionalities and ensure its full compatibility with all other systems used by the client. As a result, during the collaboration we guaranteed:
- software based on Microsoft solutions in the SOA architecture, with advanced use of MS SQL replication,
- a mobile app for supply and equipment managers,
- complex delivery and distribution management mechanisms based on stock levels, which enable time and cost optimization,
- distribution and reception of data to or from hundreds of independent touch devices called “TouchStations” located throughout the hospital,
- full information exchange based on HL7 or EDI protocols.
By working with us, the client has obtained:
- a modern, efficient, and intuitive IT system,
- access to full and always up-to-date information on patients and hospital supplies,
- a full overview of accounting data,
- the possibility of the automatic ordering of necessary products from suppliers.
Migration processes make it possible to give new life to the systems you are already using, increasing their usability and adapting them to the new reality. Thanks to many years of experience, we can support our customers in these projects, taking full responsibility for managing software modernization, both in the case of simple and advanced systems. All this to help them achieve technological advantage and top efficiency.