Client: Immunovia (Sweden)
Immunovia AB is a diagnostics company with a vision to revolutionize blood-based diagnostics and increase the survival rate of cancer patients.
Our team was responsible for implementing IMMray® analysis, a flexible technology platform for developing bioinformatics-assisted blood-based tests that can detect complex diseases earlier and with greater accuracy.
The collaboration with the client began with a request to develop front-end applications for:
- A laboratory based test (LDT) for clinical labs to detect pancreatic cancer in biotinylated patient serum samples (‘IMMray® Pd’ test).
- Internal production software (PdIESProd) used in producing the laboratory reagents used in the ‘IMMray® Pd’ test, and sold to clinical laboratories.
- Research and development software suite (IESDev) used to improve the processes and calculations used in the IMMray® platform, as well as development of new test algorithms to be used in different clinical diagnoses.
Although the client already had partially completed software to extract raw data from scanned microarray slide images, its development team was relatively small. The project required the competence of an experienced front-end developer to ensure that a large amount of code was maintained and that all business and medical requirements were met.
The software was developed using guidelines from the IEC 62304 standard for medical device software as a general principle for maintaining quality above and beyond the minimum requirements for LDT tests and production instruments.
The main goals were to create applications that would enable the processing, storage, and management of laboratory assay data, thereby streamlining the work of laboratory technicians developing the product(s), producing the product(s) and using the product(s) to test clinical samples and provide early indications for the presence of disease (e.g. pancreatic cancer).
The Euvic team was a critical part in the enhancement of the development team, which made it possible to meet the project requirements and develop software to develop reagents, produce reagents and help detect pancreatic cancer when the reagents were used with patient samples.
- Development of a front-end application to support pancreatic cancer detection by processing, storing and managing medical data.
- The development of scalable, cloud-configurable software
Benefits of the solution:
The solution provided ensured optimization of the processing of the sample image from the scanner until the test result is obtained. The acquired data are calculated automatically. Thanks to this, the application not only meets all business and medical requirements, but also greatly facilitates the work of laboratory technicians.
Frontend Developer, DevOps, Python Developers
Technologies used in the project
Python, AWS, Angular, NodeJS
Other technologies used::
IESDev – flexible research and development tool for analyzing images with a wide range of printed antibody layouts
- Plus automatic handling of calibration slide images for managing Innopsys scanner
- Plus facility to process research data with the IMMray Pd test algorithm
- Visual GUI for adjusting quantification of slide images
- Generation of multiple data formats as required by bioinformaticians
- UI tool to create different slide layouts when developing different slides for different tests
- UI tool for monitoring log messages and troubleshooting
- UI tool for assembling laboratory data visually into an input file for automatic processing in the IMMray PD test
- UI tool for reviewing and approving clinical batches, viewing results and downloading test data
- UI tool for uploading of production data needed in production of the physical reagents sold as a product for use in the IMMray Pd test
- UI view for viewing, modifying, approving production batch data and downloading of data required to evaluate production processes and stored in the QMS of the produced reagents.
- Storing of produced reagent data in a UI for use in subsquent tests when the reagents are used
- Additional post processing of production data critical in providing final approval for products to be sold to customers