The electricity sector in Poland consists of a huge amount of infrastructure, not only territorially concentrated but also dispersed. The intensive computerization of this sector allows us to support our customers in all their processes. From the centralization of infrastructure management, through the standardization of operating procedures, to the planning of inspections and maintenance.
Professional services tailored to the business needs
One of our clients was a Polish electricity distributor and retailer with more than 2.6 million customers. The company asked us to provide technical support for production workstations and support in the administration of production systems.
To effectively address the needs of this client and meet their business objectives, we provided a range of solutions, including:
- modernization of the PM module in SAP software,
- provision of WAN and Internet connectivity,
- management and production maintenance of info kiosks,
- construction of passive infrastructure (fiber optic routes) and server environment for the Biomass Delivery Order System,
- maintenance and administration of the Digital Telecommunications System, Radio Communications, and Radio Network, with special attention to emergency communications and the need to maintain connectivity in production.
All of these services were provided to around 900 users in two different locations.
The global energy industry is currently undergoing major changes, based mainly on modern technological solutions. It is the implementation of complex IT projects that makes it possible to change the business processes of entire organizations and consequently build their digital maturity. Digitalization of the energy industry is a significant step towards lowering the operating costs of companies as well as increasing the efficiency of their operations. More and more companies are choosing to take this step.